Wednesday, December 05 2012
CSA Changes Effective 12/3/12
Quick overview of changes:
- Cargo securement violations (potentially 238 violations) move to Vehicle Maintenance BASIC
- Hazardous Material Compliance takes over Cargo section and only counts hazmat violations of which there are potentially 111 violations. The new hazmat BASIC will be live for carrier and law-enforcement view in December, but FMCSA plans further monitoring beyond that date before making it public. Focus here is on proper placarding and compliance.
- Crashes are to be separated into injuries and fatalities instead of the current grouped category.
- A reduction of "generic" non-tiered speeding violations; severity weight to 1 point, retroactive to Jan. 1 of this year.
- Removal of 1-5 mph speeding violations from the Safety Measurement System altogether, retroactive two years.
- Alignment of paper and electronic log violations to carry equivalent severity weights.
- Inclusion of intermodal equipment violations that should be found during drivers??? pre-trip inspections.
- Removing vehicle maintenance violations from driver-only inspections and vice versa in an effort to improve reporting quality.
All other changes announced will go into effect in the same month. Most changes are retro for the 2 years and went live 12/3/12.
Visit our CSA page to learn more - http://thedotdoctor.com/CSA_2010